On October 24th, 2019, during the MDM Webcast, John Gunderson, said that an “improved quotation program will build a sustainable model that can take cost out of the quotations process.”
That’s true. But “removing the cost” isn’t enough. Winning business is what it is all about.
“Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing!” – Vince Lombardi, Famous Coach
The right distributor quoting solution goes beyond mere process improvement to give you and your company the competitive edge it needs to not only compete but win more business.
Empowering you to WIN BUSINESS is what we do at QSTRAT, and what we have been doing for every one of our clients!
Moving From “What” to “How”
Now that you know what we will do for you, how does QSTRAT help you to “actually” win more business?
Let’s start with one of the most common challenges in the distributor quoting process; managing your Customer and Supplier quotes in shared directories.
Over the years, sharing multiple directories has and continues to be the normal practice for Distributors. Fraught with errors, finding, and using relevant information within these electronic filing cabinets not only consume unnecessary cycles but often lead to costly errors in the quoting process. In short, leveraging past “sourcing experience” to make better decisions going forward is virtually nonexistent.
“I remember quoting that part last year, but who was it for” – a common remark from the Sales Department
With a single database in which all of your quoting and sourcing data is accurate and reliably accessible not only streamlines the quoting process. It also ensures that you are providing your customers with the information they need to make the best buying decisions.
Having the ability to access accurate information on a timely basis so that you can with confidence turn around a quote to your client faster than your competitor is at the heart of an effective QLM, “Quotation Lifecycle Management” solution.
Here are some of the other key features you will discover in a QSTRAT demo:
- The ability to import a list of parts from your Customer to create an RFQ in a matter of minutes;
- Automatic Supplier assignment to a specific part based on criteria such as Commodity or Region;
- Crosscheck existing Contracts within your ERP platform to eliminate – when appropriate, the need to go out to Suppliers;
- Search RFQ history for a specific period to see if the part was recently quoted to automatically “pick up” the price;
- Secure a requote from suppliers for a specific part or parts with a single click;
- How to utilize the QSTRAT “quote matrix” to ensure an apples-to-apples comparison;
- Using the best supplier pricing, automatically calculate both landed cost and Customer cost;
- At your fingertip Quoting and Sourcing Analytics to assess Supplier performance, customer performance, and part pricing history;
- Multiple criteria search history;
- Full-spectrum digitalization from Customer quote generation through to the receipt of a Purchase Order.
In combination with the QSTRAT Team’s expertise, we will put your team on the winning track, quickly and easily.
Schedule your demo today!